VISA FREE TRAVEL TO THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS IS POSSIBLE IN THE FOLLOWING CASES
1. Foreign nationals with ordinary passports from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Israel, Moldova, Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine can enter Belarus VISA FREE.
2. Foreign citizens of 80 countries (list of countries can be found here) can enter Belarus VISA FREE for up to 30 days and exit from the territory of Belarus only through the State border checkpoint of the Republic of Belarus “Minsk National Airport”.
PLEASE NOTE: The given order of VISA FREE movement through the Minsk National Airport does not extend to persons coming to Belarus by plane from the Russian Federation, as well as to those who intend to fly to the airports of the Russian Federation (such flights are considered as internal ones and do not have border control).
To enter the Republic of Belarus in the VISA FREE regime via the checkpoint “Minsk National Airport”, foreign nationals must have the following documents:
- a valid ordinary passport or another substituting document for traveling abroad;
- financial means: at least 25 Euro (or equal amount in dollars or Belarusian rubles) for each day of stay;
- medical insurance with coverage for at least 10,000 Euros that covers the territory of Belarus.
- it is recommended also to have the letter of invitation from the 2018 European Rowing Under 23 Championships Organising Committee
3. Use BezVis option provided by the tourist agency. Please find more infirmation at http://www.brestintourist.by/en/visafree-en
IN OTHERS CASES YOU MUST HAVE A VISA TO ENTER BELARUS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2018 EUROPEAN ROWING UNDER 23 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN BREST, BELARUS
You need to apply for a short term visa. Visa application should be submitted to the Belarusian Embassy or Consulate in your country.
The following European countries have a Belarusian Embassy or Consulate:
Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, The Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Ukraine and Turkey.
If there is no Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Belarus in your country, you should contact an Embassy or Consulate in one of the adjacent countries to apply for a visa.
To obtain a short term visa, you should submit the following documents to a visa issuing authority (for each member of your Team):
- One duly completed visa application form [The visa application form is filled out legibly by hand or by using technical means in an official language of the host country of a foreign institution, or in Russian, or in Belarusian, or in English. Answers to the questions of the visa application form must be complete and logically consistent and indicate the real purpose of the trip. The visa application form is signed by the foreign citizen personally. The visa application form for a minor is signed by his or her legal representative. The visa application form can be downloaded from the Embassy/Consulate web site at http://mfa.gov.by/en/visa/info/visa-applications.html.]
- One photograph [The photograph must meet certain requirements specified in the international standard ISO / IEC 19794-5: size 35x45 mm, full face, against an even light background, high resolution, no corrugation or ink allowed, 70 — 80 percent of the picture placed vertically, 6 months-older photos not accepted.]
- A foreign travel document A foreign travel document must:
- contain a photograph of the owner;
- have at least two blank pages intended for visas;
- be valid as long as at least 90 days after the expected date of departure of a foreign citizen from the Republic of Belarus.
4. Invitation Letter from the 2018 European Rowing Under 23 Championships Organising Committee. [To receive the Invitation Letter from the Organising Committee please complete the Visa invitation Form with the names of each person in your team who will be travelling to Belarus and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17 August 2018. We will prepare the Invitation Letter and send it to you by e-mail]
- Medical insurance
[Please find requirements at http://mfa.gov.by/en/visa/info/cc9071395f5f804a.html]
The visa issuing authority may require additional documents to the mentioned above. Please check the full list of documents with the Belarusian Embassy/Consulate in your country.
PLEASE NOTE: there is no Visa fee for the participants of the 2018 European Rowing Under 23 Championships who submit their VISA Application with an Invitation Letter from the Organising Committee to the Belarusian Embassy
You may also get a visa at the Minsk National Airport (Minsk – the Republic of Belarus), but only if there is no Belarusian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Please find the requirements at http://mfa.gov.by/en/visa/NationalAirportMinsk/
Visa invitation form can be downloaded here
More visa information can be found at www.mfa.gov.by/en/visa/
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
or call +375 17 202 45 06